The Animal Placement Bureau Blog

The Animal Placement Bureau is a volunteer foster care network with no paid staff and no sheltering facility. All of the dogs in our care live with our volunteers and become as much a part of their family as their own dogs. There is no time limit on our foster care system. When asked, "What happens if your dogs don't get adopted?" we are proud to be able to say, "They come back home with us until we find just the right home for them -- NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES."

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Friendly Retiree Seeks Retirement Castle!


Muffin
Wheaten Terrier Mix
50 lbs
11 years old

I am an owner-surrender, looking for a new place to retire. I had to leave my home after my person suffered a stroke and couldn’t take care of me anymore. I’m fortunate and really glad to have found a temporary home with APB, but can’t wait to find my permanent retirement castle!

I like to play ball, go for walks, and especially car rides. I enjoy playing with other dogs, too; I’ll just take myself out of the game for a break on the sidelines now and then. Basically, I get along with everyone, but I suppose I might accidentally knock over a very small child if the child isn’t too stable on his or her feet yet. My eyesight is a little poor, since I have minor cataracts. I get around well; just sometimes need to be called in the right direction. When I catch sight of a squirrel in the yard, though, I’ve got no problem chasing him, just like the old days!

My ideal home would be one with somebody who can spend a lot of time with me, even just watching t.v. together. I’m a senior looking for a place where I can enjoy a leisurely life and be a companion to you and your other pets, too. Come to meet me at the next Pet Parade!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home